Teach Yourself How to Sew at Home
Not only is sewing both practical and creative, it also develops planning and math skills, strengthens fine motor skills, encourages patience and perseverance, and helps everyone beam with pride! We can’t help but enjoy that it gets our kids off of screens too.
Everything You Need
Everything you need for your project is included in each kit: fabric, thread, sewing tools… AND, we’ve included a high quality instruction booklet to use again and again with a pocket in the back to store your pattern pieces. All you need is a sewing machine. We provide the rest.
We use modern fabrics and on-trend themes so our projects appeal to today’s kids. If you are going to spend time making something, it should be both fun and useful. We also include our favorite tools that have been tried and tested by all the sewists in our studio.
Created by Educators
We’ve been teaching kids to sew in our studio since 2015. Our experience enables us to anticipate challenges and guide you through them. Our kits provide step-by-step photos and detailed instructions. And we’re just an email away if you need help.
How it Works
Starter KitLearn to use your sewing machine
- Full color 38 page step-by-step booklet
- Learn the parts of your sewing machine
- Pull-out machine parts diagram included
- Learn how to wind a bobbin
- Learn how to thread your sewing machine
- Learn how to backstitch and pivot
- Instructions work for every kind of machine
- Includes our favorite sewing machine tools- a magnetic seam guide, fabric scissors for smaller hands and sewing clips
- Step by Step instructions to make 3 simple projects
- Includes scrap fabric for practice and
- Fabric and materials to make all 3 easy projects!
Mini Maker Kit Club3 months of projects
- Prefer not to subscribe to our monthly Kit Club? Pre-pay for a 3 Month Subscription instead. Makes a great gift!
- A Project Kit sent to your door each month for 3 months
- Advance your sewing skills each month
- Every Kit includes a step by step pattern booklet, thread, fabric and notions and everything needed to complete the project
- Fun sewing surprises in each box!
Serious Sewist Kit Club6 months of projects
- Prefer not to subscribe to our monthly Kit Club? Pre-pay for a 6 Month Subscription instead. This makes a great gift!
- Save $20!
- A Project Kit arrives at your door each month for 6 months
- Learn new sewing techniques with each project
- Each Project Kit comes with a step by step pattern book, thread, fabric, notions and everything you’ll need to complete the project.
- Fun sewing surprises in every box!