The School of Thread Learn to Sew Starter Kit contains a 39 page full color booklet to guide you through getting to know your sewing machine and all the fabric and materials you will need to learn how to use your machine and make your first simple project. It also includes our favorite tool to set you up for sewing success- a magnetic seam guide.
We recommend this Starter Kit for ages 8 and up.
The high quality booklet contains tons of pictures and step by step instructions, a three page glossary of sewing terms, a pull out Sewing Machine Parts Diagram and a handy pocket to store it.
The Learn to Sew Starter Kit will be shipped to your recipient with FREE shipping anywhere in the US.
The Learn to Sew Booklet teaches you how to:
- identify the parts of your sewing machine
- wind a bobbin
- thread your machine
- load a drop in bobbin or a front loading bobbin
- set your dials and buttons on both a mechanical machine or a computerized machine
- safety operate your sewing machine
- sew straight
You will also get:
- our favorite sewing tool
- fabric and materials to make a simple project
- scrap fabric to practice with
- a pull out Sewing Machine Parts Diagram
- lots of tips and tricks to help you teach yourself how to sew